March 21, 2008

Spring Swap Time!

For my pal, Petra: here are the answers to the questions for the swap!

Favorite vacation place? I love the outer banks....it is my favorite beach in North America. No matter how many people are there or how crowded it gets it still manages to seem peaceful. But favorite vacation spot ever? Jamaica! My hubby and I got married there and is one of the most beautiful and exotic places I have ever seen.

What is your most favorite memory you have from your childhood?

Do you have an Etsy shop and/or blog? I do have an Etsy shop, but there is nothing listed there. I have these big dreams to become an accomplished Etsy seller, the kind that is featured on blogs across the country and whose whole family income comes from the sales of her Etsy shop. But in order to do that you have to make the things to sell, and in order to do that you have to make the time to create things. At the end of the day I can barely muster up enough energy to take care of the household chores and make dinner, much less churn out crafts by the truckload. But one day.....

What's your favorite color? Yellow! I'm also found of pinks and aquas but I love the happy warm feeling associated with yellow.

What's your favorite color combination? That depends on my mood.....I like mellow blues and browns for relaxing and bright yellow pinks to liven things up.

What magazines do you subscribe to or buy at the newsstand? Um.... I am a serious magazine junkie! I buy UsWeekly occasionally, I buy KnitOne, Knit Simple, Vogue Knits, and Interweave Knits every quarter as soon as they hit the newsstand. I also subscribe to a plethera of random magazines. About two years ago I subscribed to a "blanket" subscription through some offer. Basically they give you subscriptions to magazines that you really want for a good price, but the catch is they also subsribe you (for free) to other magazines whose subscription rates are down. So I get some random mags like Fortune, Money, Sound & Vision, Hot Rod (for my hubby), and then some ones I actually read like Family Circle, Better Homes and Gardens, Woman's Day, Parents, Home, and Glamour.

What is your absolute favorite song? I am currently enamoured with that new song "Love Song" by Sarah ? The chorus goes "I'm not going to write you a love song...cuz you asked me to...cuz you need one...etc." I have also been singing an old Journey song a lot lately..."Don't Stop Believin' Hold onto that feeeeeeling!!" I love all kinds of music and have a new favorite song just about every day.

What is your favorite candy or snack? If I am in a gas station faced with a junk food conundrum I will usually go for the skittles or the combos (cheddar/pretzel). I love ribbon candy, but you can usually only find it at Christmas-time.

Sorry for the run-on answers....hope this is helpful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen,

Thanks for posting some great info about yourself. My blog is http://pjfasana.blogspot.com/ and i've posted some info as well.

Have a great day!
Petra