March 28, 2008

Music is my boyfriend

I saw this meme a while back and thought it was pretty cool so I am passing it on....

If your life were a soundtrack, what would the music be?

Here’s how it works:
1. open your library (iTunes, winamp, media player, iPod)
2. put it on shuffle
3. press play
4. for every question, type the song that’s playing
5. new question — press the next button
6. don’t lie and try to pretend you’re cool

opening credits: "Ask Myself"- Robin Thicke

waking up: "Lightning Crashes" - Live

first day at school: "Free Your Mind" - En Vogue

falling in love: "Vogue" - Madonna

breaking up: "Vision Of Love" - Mariah Carey

prom: "Crush" - Mandy Moore (I know....I have Mandy Moore music in my playlist.....)

life’s okay: "Yardie Bone" - Sean Paul

mental breakdown: "Angels Fall Sometimes" - Josh Turner

driving: "The Jump Off"- Lil' Kim (this is actually a fantastic driving song!)

flashback: "Humble Me" - Norah Jones

getting back together: "Everybody Needs Someone Sometime" - Jewel

wedding: "Smile"- One Blood (funny that band popped up...that is actually a group that is local to Negril, Jamaica where Doug and I got married...you will never hear their music on the radio but we bought every cd they had when we were there because we loved them)

birth of child: "Always Be My Baby" - Mariah Carey

final battle: "Lonestar" - Norah Jones

death scene: "Porcelain" - Red Hot Chili Peppers

end credits: "Cool to be a Fool" - Joe Nichols

Wow. I swear I didn't plan those in a specific order or anything, but some of those are just extremely appropriate. The fact that Mariah Carey came up twice is totally a coincidence. Of the 625 songs I currently have on my ipod, only about 8 of them are Mariah songs.

Ok, your turn! I tag Crystal, Morgan, Kim, Colleen, and anyone else who wants it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen,

Here's some answers to your questions -- I'm trying to be crafty. I do a lot of card making (i love stamps, cool paper, ribbon, etc.) I've started to sew, but I'm mainly teaching myself so it's always easy projects I'm attempting. I do love to garden. We live in a new house that has just one big dirt backyard. My husband and my goal this summer is to get that backyard finished. It's just so ugly right now! My front yard however has tulips, daffodils and hyacinth blooming. I love this time of year because I'm just sick of starring at all the brown.

What about you??